Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Got extra diapers?

Most people dont fall into the situation that we did, but if you do, this post is for you.

We had tons and tons of diapers before our boys were even born. My Mom had a drawing at my baby shower if you brought a package of diapers and some awesome women at my husband's work (corrections officer, so a prison with lots of workers) held a diaper drive.

Within a couple of months of the boys homecoming, we had multiple packages of preemie and newborn diapers left over. I gave the preemies away to a local Mothers of Multiples club since there weren't too many but I had 18 packages of newborns left. My husband and I were both out of work so we needed to get something for those diapers.

There are two options here, I found. Sell them on eBay. Or call the diaper company. In our case, it was Huggies. We called. They offered to send us 18 vouchers for a full package of diapers for FREE if we mailed all the diapers back to them. I calculated the cost of the vouchers minus shipping of the diapers and it was well worth it. So we mailed them back and received 18 vouchers for a free package of diapers.

Honestly, looking back, I think the eBay route is better. Well maybe not, unless someone buys ALL the diapers because you have to take time out to ship the stuff.

Generally, you can only do this ONCE per diaper company.

No comments:

Post a Comment